Varenna – Luxury Leura Accommodation
Relax and unwind in Leura’s finest self-contained luxury accommodationIn 1906, Miss Matilda Cowper, grand-daughter of Arch Deacon William Cowper, was the original owner of Varenna in Leura. Miss Cowper’s father was the Very Reverend William Macquarie Cowper (Dean of Sydney) and her uncle Sir Charles Cowper was five times Premier of New South Wales.
Now fully restored to its original grandeur, Varenna is available for you to enjoy. During your stay you will have the whole house to yourself – so you can enjoy its many charms at your leisure, just as Miss Cowper did over a century ago.
At a Glance
- Fully self-contained accommodation for one to three couples
- Three bedrooms sleep six in luxurious comfort
- Two bathrooms, one with spa and one with antique claw-foot bath
- Gourmet kitchen with everything you need
- Grand living and dining room with antique furnishings
- Large flat-screen television and multi-room music
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Two minute stroll to Leura village
Set on 1,800 square metres of manicured gardens, Varenna is a classic Edwardian home of generous proportions. While only a two minute stroll to the great shopping, cafés and restaurants of Leura village, Varenna’s comforts may well tempt you to stay right where you are.
As you enter the front door, the grand living and dining room welcome you with a promise of relaxation and comfort. Plush lounges, a roaring gas log fire, a dining table for six and antique period furnishings beckon you to settle in and make yourself at home.
Living and Dining Areas
A separate dining room is perfect for breakfast or lunch, and when the morning sun is shining the outdoor patio is hard to beat for a leisurely brunch in the garden.
The most inviting bedrooms you can imagine await you at Varenna. The four-poster beds in two of the three bedrooms suggest nights of romance ahead, while the third bedroom has a romantic feel all its own with ornate French décor, a queen-size brass bed, Swarovski crystal chandelier and rose petal pink walls.
When you arrive, the beds are fit for royalty, dressed with the finest bed linen to match each room’s unique character. Egyptian cotton sheets, plump duvets, soft pillows and electric blankets will ensure you have a warm and restful night’s sleep.
Two beautiful bathrooms give you the choice of traditional - with the original antique claw-foot bathtub, and modern – with a double spa bath for an indulgent treat at the end of the day.
Both bathrooms have under-floor heating, plenty of soft fluffy towels, hair dryers and quality toiletries. Soft Egyptian cotton bathrobes and comfy slippers are supplied to complete the experience.
Recently featured in an episode of ‘My Kitchen Rules’, Varenna’s kitchen has everything you need to cook up a feast with quality appliances and all the cookware, utensils, crockery, cutlery and glassware you’ll require.
A gas cook top and electric oven and grill are provided, as well as a microwave, refrigerator with ice maker and a dishwasher to take care of cleaning up. The original wood-burning stove still has pride of place, as a reminder of the many fine meals enjoyed over the last century at Varenna.
You are also supplied with ample breakfast provisions for two days, including bacon, eggs, vine ripened tomatoes, cereals, a choice of teas and coffees, drinking chocolate and marshmallows, juice, milk, bread and various spreads and conserves. Let us know your preferences in advance and we’ll make sure your favourites are provided, all from quality local providers.
We can also arrange for a gourmet chef to take care of all the cooking, serving and cleaning up for you – just ask at the time of your booking.
During your stay you can enjoy music throughout the house with a CD player and CDs provided, watch movies on the 42-inch plasma television with a choice of DVDs and Austar satellite available, or have some old-fashioned fun with a range of board games and books.
Of course, with Leura’s cafés, restaurants, an historic pub and the newly opened Leura Garage wine bar just a short stroll away, there are plenty of options to fulfil your culinary and entertainment desires.
Our guests tell us it’s the little luxuries and attention to detail that make their stay so memorable. You’ll love the special touches you find around the house such as:
- A warm welcome on arrival with central heating and gas log fire running
- Complimentary port, wine, chocolates and flowers from quality local suppliers
- Finest toiletries in all bathrooms, as well as candles to set a romantic mood
- Soft and fluffy towels, bathrobes and slippers to use during your stay
- Your preferences catered for, such as your favourite kind of bread provided
Special requests such as an in-house chef or masseuse, roses, champagne or...you tell us!
For availability and bookings, click here.
Find Leura Vacation Rentals on Tripadvisor
Complete Facilities List
- Fully self-contained luxury accommodation
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Gas log fireplace
- Fully equipped kauri kitchen with Ilve appliances
- Double stainless steel fridge/freezer with ice maker and chilled water
- Stainless steel diswasher & microwave
- Full breakfast provisions incl. bacon & eggs
- Barbecue with alfresco dining
- Flat screen TV with DVD and Austar
- CD stereo with CD library
- Sub-floor heating in bathrooms
- Spa bath & claw-foot bath
- Hair dryers in bathrooms incl. fine toiletries
- Towels, bathrobes and slippers supplied
- All 1000TC luxury linen supplied
- Washing machine and clothes dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- High chair
- Back-to-base security alarm system 24/7
Please note Varenna is a non-smoking house and is not suitable for children under the age of 10. Sorry, no pets allowed.
+61 (0)430 496 755
+61 (0)430 496 755